Thursday 3 November 2011

Adele To Undergo Throat Surgery

Adele will undergo throat surgery to try to alleviate the problem that has plagued her health all year.
The poorly star has postponed or cancelled a string of American and British shows in previous months after suffering a hemorrhage in her vocal chord, but the operation is expected to sort things out once and for all.

Adele’s entire US tour was cancelled earlier this month and at the time the star posted a message on her website apologising to fans. "Singing is literally my life, it's my hobby, my love, my freedom and now my job. I have absolutely no choice but to recuperate properly and fully, or I risk damaging my voice forever," she wrote.
The Someone Like You singer will not perform again until well after the surgery, which is expected to take place in the coming days. A statement read: "It is with deep regret that Adele has been forced to cancel her remaining live dates and promotional appearances in 2011."
"She is to undergo surgery to alleviate the current issues with her throat and a full recovery is expected. As a result, doctors have ordered her to rest her voice and completely recuperate before looking to schedule any work commitments.”
Six shows in Wolverhampton, Blackpool, Bournemouth, Cardiff and Plymouth are affected by the cancellation; ticket holders will receive a full refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment